Wednesday, 17 September 2014


The doors have been aligned and their windows and trimmings have been fitted.

The old door panels have been fitted temporarily until I can find someone that can redo the door and rear panels to look like the originals

Sunday, 7 September 2014

THE DOORS (no not the band)

Those of you who have been following this blog will remember how much I struggled to get hold of doors for Oupa. I eventually got both doors but the inner panels on the one door were missing. Joggie had to cut these out from the old doors and weld them into the replacement door.

The other door looked good on the surface but when Joggie started sanding it, a rotten surprise was waiting for him. The previous owner used fibreglass to fix the door but did not remove the rust before applying it. Joggie had to cut out the rotten part and weld in a new section into the door.


Monday, 1 September 2014


The bonnet on this model only has one arm and it almost always cause a tear in the metal because there is not sufficient support. We decided to fit another support arm to prevent the bonnet from bending and tearing again.

 The tail lights, popes nose and engine lid handle have been fitted.

The steering wheel and gear lever have been sprayed. The interior is taking shape with all the chrome bits being added.

 I have been waiting for grommets to fit the beadings. They arrived at last and some shiny bits could be added.